Armodafinil Side Effects, Interaction, and Warning
Armodafinil is a prescription drug to treat sleep disorders. Its brand name is Nuvigil. We sell generics of Armodafinil Waklert and Artvigil. They are manufactured in India by Sun Pharmaceuticals and HAB Pharmaceuticals. The price of generics is many times lower than the price of the branded Armodafinil. Many associate cheap prices with inferior quality and are initially reluctant to buy Generic Armodafinil but once they try it they realize it is as good as the branded version.
Armodafinil – A few details that you ought to know
It decreases extreme sleepiness caused by sleeping disorders like narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea etc. It helps you to stay awake if your work shift is in abnormal hours. Armodafinil does not cure these disorders completely but helps in getting rid of your sleepiness. It works by affecting some neurotransmitter in your brain that makes you alert and awake.
It is not recommended by doctors for healthy people but it is used by many to keep them active, alert and focused. It is taken by many to lift the mental fog and to improve decision-making skills. The reviews made by users prove that it has worked for many and met their expectations.
How should you take Armodafinil?
- The dosage is 150mg to 250mg orally daily in the morning for narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea.
- For shift work disorder the dosage is 150mg orally one hour prior to the shift.
- It can be taken with food or without food.
- It should be used only for 12 weeks. You should not take Armodafinil for a longer time as it may lead to dependency.
Limitations for taking Armodafinil:
- Your doctor should know your full medical history. Tell your doctor if you had suffered from any of the following issues.
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Mitral valve prolapse
- Heart disease
- Drug addiction
- Alcohol abuse
- Mental illness like depression and anxiety etc.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or lactating, you should let the doctor know as the effects of the drug may affect the unborn child or breastfed baby.
- If you are not 18 years of age, you should not use Armodafinil.
- Oral contraceptives cannot be taken when you are taking Armodafinil. You can use other contraceptives like condoms and IUD devices.
What are the side effects of Armodafinil?
Common side effects include:
- Dryness in mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Digestion problems
Less common side effects include:
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Swelling in skin
Serious side effects include:
- Mental changes like hallucination, depression, confusion and suicide ideation
- The fast pounding of the heart
Stop using Armodafinil if you have an allergic reaction like hives, difficulty in breathing, purple rashes in skin, and swelling in your face and throat. Even if you have a small rash you should call your doctor.
What drugs interact with Armodafinil?
The drug has serious interactions with more than 30 drugs.
It has moderate interactions with more than 200 drugs.
It has mild interactions with more than 150 drugs.
It interacts with cold medications, vitamin supplements, anxiety medications, muscle relaxants, sleeping pills, and narcotics.